Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Stan's Idle Hour

During our recent trip to Florida with Bill and Linda, we took a visit to Stan’s Idle Hour in Goodland on New Year’s Eve. It is a quirky waterside restaurant, complete with a gift shop, and has become quite the tourist attraction. Every year, Stan’s hosts the annual Goodland Mullet Festival.


I can’t remember what I ate, but I thnk it was fried catfish.  Anyway, I thought it was good, but the best part of the trip had to be the gift shop. They sell a lot of wigs there. I took the opportunity to do my best Guy Fieri impersonation in this shot.  Notice the sunglasses on the back of my head.


Bill and Linda also tried on several wigs, but I decided to leave those pictures out of the blog for several reasons. Let’s just say that the 2012 Austin Family calendar will have some great pictures.

If you are in Southwest Florida, a meal at Stan’s is worth the trip. You will remember the experience even more than the food.

No comments: