Monday, March 15, 2010

Julie & Julia

A little while back, Angie and I watched Julie & Julia on DVD.  I really enjoyed it, mainly because the main character is blogging about how she is trying all of Julia Child's recipes, and she is using it as an escape from her job.  I love writing, and I like the idea of somebody looking at a bad situation, and then doing something about it.  I wish more of us could do that.  It also had a lot of funny parts, and the historical backdrop of Julia Child's story is fascinating to watch.  Overall, it is a movie that I would recommend, both for the ladies and the fellas.

This movie also reminds me of an interesting conversation that I had back in December.  We bought this movie for each of my grandparents for Christmas.  Before buying it online, I wanted to check if Wal-Mart had the same price, so I made a phone call.  Here is a transcript of the conversation:

Wal-Mart associate: Welcome to Wal-Mart.  How can I direct your call?
Me: I'm calling about the price of a DVD.
Wal-Mart associate: WHAT?!?
Me: Electronics, please.
Wal-Mart: Okay, please hold.
Electronics associate: Electronics.
Me: I would like to know the price of Julie & Julia on DVD.
Electronics associate: Julian & Juliet?
Me: No, it's Julie & Julia.
Electronics associate: Julian & Julia?
Me: Yes, that's the one.
Electronics associate: Yeah, we have that.  It's $10.99.

Anyway, I do recommend the movie, and now when you watch it, you get to be inspired and you get to remember my funny and random conversation.

No comments: